Multiplex tissue imaging enables in situ detection of more than 50 proteins or 1000 RNAs in the same tissue section with single cell resolution.
Analyses of spatially resolved cellular phenotypes, interactions, and neighborhoods have revealed mechanistic insights into physiological and pathological processes.
Multicellular, spatially informed signatures can serve as disease biomarkers and provide new targets for therapeutic development.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
Purchase access to all full-text HTML articles for 6 or 36 hr at a low cost. Click here to explore this opportunity.
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Overview of multiplex immunohistochemistry/immunofluorescence techniques in the era of cancer immunotherapy.Cancer Commun. 2020; 40: 135-153
- The Human Tumor Atlas Network: charting tumor transitions across space and time at single-cell resolution.Cell. 2020; 181: 236-249
- The human body at cellular resolution: the NIH Human Biomolecular Atlas Program.Nature. 2019; 574: 187-192
- The human cell atlas.eLife. 2017; 6e27041
- A structured tumor-immune microenvironment in triple negative breast cancer revealed by multiplexed ion beam imaging.Cell. 2018; 174: 1373-1387
- Coordinated cellular neighborhoods orchestrate antitumoral immunity at the colorectal cancer invasive front.Cell. 2020; 182: 1341-1359
- Analysis of multispectral imaging with the AstroPath platform informs efficacy of PD-1 blockade.Science (80- ). 2021; 372eaba2609
- Immune cell topography predicts response to PD-1 blockade in cutaneous T cell lymphoma.Nature. 2021; (Published online November 18, 2021)
- Multiplexed imaging analysis of the tumor-immune microenvironment reveals predictors of outcome in triple-negative breast cancer.Commun. Biol. 2021; 4: 852
- Spatial epitope barcoding reveals subclonal tumor patch behaviors.SSRN Electron. J. 2021; (Published online June 17, 2021)
- Multiplexed 3D atlas of state transitions and immune interactions in colorectal cancer.bioRxiv. 2021; (Published online April 2, 2021)
- Subcellular localization of biomolecules and drug distribution by high-definition ion beam imaging.Nat. Commun. 2021; 12: 4628
- Deep profiling of mouse splenic architecture with CODEX multiplexed imaging.Cell. 2018; 174: 968-981
- Single-cell metabolic profiling of human cytotoxic T cells.Nat. Biotechnol. 2021; 39: 186-197
- Virus-dependent immune conditioning of tissue microenvironments.bioRxiv. 2021; (Published online May 25, 2021)
- Multiplexed imaging of human tuberculosis granulomas uncovers immunoregulatory features conserved across tissue and blood.bioRxiv. 2020; (Published online June 9, 2020)
- The immune contexture and Immunoscore in cancer prognosis and therapeutic efficacy.Nat. Rev. Cancer. 2020; 20: 662-680
- Comparison of biomarker modalities for predicting response to PD-1/PD-L1 checkpoint blockade.JAMA Oncol. 2019; 5: 1195
- Tissue schematics map the specialization of immune tissue motifs and their appropriation by tumors.Cell Syst. 2021; (Published online October 14, 2021)
- Human anti-tumor immunity: insights from immunotherapy clinical trials.Immunity. 2020; 52: 36-54
- Spatial mapping of protein composition and tissue organization: a primer for multiplexed antibody-based imaging.Nat. Methods. 2021; (Published online November 22, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41592-021-01316-y)
- CODEX multiplexed tissue imaging with DNA-conjugated antibodies.Nat. Protoc. 2021; 16: 3802-3835
- The Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer statement on best practices for multiplex immunohistochemistry (IHC) and immunofluorescence (IF) staining and validation.J. Immunother. Cancer. 2020; 8e000155
- High-spatial-resolution multi-omics sequencing via deterministic barcoding in tissue.Cell. 2020; 183: 1665-1681
- Single-cell transcriptomic analysis of mIHC images via antigen mapping.Sci. Adv. 2021; 7eabc5464
- Whole-cell segmentation of tissue images with human-level performance using large-scale data annotation and deep learning.Nat. Biotechnol. 2021; (Published online November 18, 2021)
- DeepLIIF: Deep Learning-Inferred Multiplex ImmunoFluorescence for IHC image quantification.bioRxiv. 2021; (Published online July 27, 2021)
- Advances in organ-on-a-chip engineering.Nat. Rev. Mater. 2018; 3: 257-278
- Engineered biomaterials for in situ tissue regeneration.Nat. Rev. Mater. 2020; 5: 686-705
- Human organoids: model systems for human biology and medicine.Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol. 2020; 21: 571-584
- Whole-colony modeling of Escherichia coli.bioRxiv. 2021; (Published online April 27, 2021)