Aims and scope
Trends in Pharmacological Sciences (TIPS) is a monthly peer-reviewed reviews journal that publishes reviews and opinions in fields broadly covering pharmacology, pharmacy, pharmaceutics and toxicology. Launched in 1979, every issue of TIPS contains succinct articles on the most exciting recent developments in pharmacology and therapeutics research. The major areas of research that TIPS is interested in are:
- Drug discovery and development (drug design, target identification and validation, lead generation, preclinical and clinical drug development, drug delivery, pharmaceutical formulation)
- Basic and clinical pharmacology (drug mechanisms, receptors, enzymes, ion channels, transporters, different classes of ligands, biomarkers, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, drug metabolism and pharmacogenetics)
- Therapeutics (gene- based, cell- based, protein-based therapy, other drug modalities, routes of administration, drug classes, drug nomenclature)
- Drug safety and toxicity (drug- drug interactions, adverse drug reactions, mechanisms of drug toxicity, pharmacovigilance)
- Pharmacy, pharmacoepidemiology and pharmacoeconomics
TIPS particularly seeks articles that are relevant to one or more of these themes. Additionally, TIPS welcomes articles on biopharma regulatory landscape, science policy and regulation and bioethics.
Reviews and opinions published in TIPS are usually invited by the editor, Dr. Jerry Madukwe but we welcome suggestions from the community as well. Please contact email@example.com for more information.